Old 05-31-2011, 08:28 AM   #15
Squeaky McMurdo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My dad forgot what it's like to have kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
MY DAD IS THE SAME WAY! The weird thing is that he loves children and babies and spends as much time with them as possible, but he doesn't get the 24-hour responsibility aspect of it. And he also doesn't get pregnancy at all. He seriously cannot wrap his head around the fact that bodies change during pregnancy. I'm sorry I'm hijacking your thread, but this was a conversation I'd had with my father during my last pregnancy. (For backstory, he's a professional conspiracy theorist. Yes, that's a thing.):

Dad: Hey sweetie! Do you want to go to Dallas with me for the JFK convention? It's this weekend!

Me: Oh, thanks for the offer Dad, but I'm like, 32 weeks pregnant and can't really travel that far.

Dad: There are lots of hospitals along the way if you go into labor or something.

Me: No, it's not that. I just can't really sit in your van from New Orleans to Dallas when I'm this pregnant.

Dad: I'll put a mattress in the back of the van. You can lie down the whole time.

Me: ...um... no, that's okay. Besides, I'd have to use the bathroom several times along the way, and it's not like this would be a very pleasant journey.

Dad: I'll put a portable potty next to the mattress.

Me: Have fun at your convention, Dad!
LOL yah, my dad doesn't get pregnancy either. I got the line about there being several hospitals on the way (and a doctor next door to him) if I went into labor while I visited. He even suggested we put lots of pillows in the back of our SUV so I could lie down the whole way...he was trying to get me and hubby to come visit him while I was 41 weeks pregnant I went into labour that night and you can just guess what the first thing out of his mouth was..."I guess that means you can come visit this weekend after all! You can bring the baby."

The dumb thing is he's great and understanding towards everyone else's kids...yet mine behave much better

My ISO/IHA I'm looking for a Cosco Pronto cover in "Cars" preferably.
Squeaky McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote