View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 12:57 PM   #114
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: JuneBugs MAY chat!

That is good to hear, Jul! The Dr asked if we were worried about lyme disease, I said it is something we'd thought of but we also just want to make sure the bite area itself isn't infected - cuz there's obviously something happening with it, with the swelling, redness, and rash there. He said for infection he'd do antibiotics, and if it is lyme disease the first step is antibiotics (although technically there's one more recommended for use for lyme, but not recommended for a child Isaac's age) - so, either way it would be the same first step, kwim? We'll keep an eye on it and if it doesn't improve in the next week, even with the meds, we'll be asking for something more to be done - whether testing to confirm or more meds, whatever.

AFM: Isaac had his nursery school graduation this morning - and it is absolutely pouring outside. Coming down in buckets, honestly. The waters in our yard and all around town is nearly as high as the highest when it flooded this spring, and it's still coming down hard out there, plus strong strong winds. DH is going out right now to help the town guys, they're filling sand bags out by our ditch. Oh, what a mess!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote