View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 12:01 AM   #33
cassondruh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Acronym really bothering me

I used to think of myself as a "full-time mommy" when I was a single WAHM with my daughter for 3 years, and then even more of a "full-time mommy" when my twins were born and I became single once again. I don't recall thinking that married (or non-single) moms and WOHM's were "less than" full-time moms though. It was rough though. Being a single WAHM was rougher on me emotionally than being a WOHM with a partner now. It just seems easier having the help of a partner, and getting time away from my children for a few hours of the day..... I hope that doesn't make me sound like a bad mommy, not like I NEED a break from my kids or anything.
I loved being a WAHM but I love being a WOHM now too! There are pros and cons of each. I still consider myself a full time mom though, even working out of the home! I don't stop being a mom when I go to work, and really, the way I think about it is that I go to work outside of the home so that I can provide for my children better! I loved being a WAHM but I couldn't afford health insurance working at home.
I do the best I can. I guess that's what it boils down to!

ETA - OOps I didn't mean to make it sound like anyone else isn't doing the best they can. I meant it more like "I do the best I can with what I've got" which is what I think every parent strives to do. I don't like feeling judged as much as the next person, so I try not to do it. Just do the best you can with what you've got, and that should be enough for you. Who cares what anyone else thinks

Last edited by cassondruh; 06-04-2011 at 12:30 AM.
cassondruh is offline   Reply With Quote