View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 02:18 PM   #1
GrahamBaby4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Serious Problems with my 7yr old

Okay, First let me give you a bit of information on him.
he is rather Large (almost 5ft tall and 83lbs) He will be 8 the end of July. He just finished the 2nd grade where I had him tested for special ed because he would refuse to do any sort of writing or anything else he didn't feel like doing and would cry instead of getting things done. So, they tested him at the school with a psychologist/psychatrist from the district... he told me I was in BIG trouble, the child, even though he refused to do the portion of the test that requires him to pick up a darned writing utinsel he scored near genius and above on all the tests. He says, "he's just stubborn and thinks he isn't as smart as the rest of the class because he doesn't think the way they do" So, we get through the year. He is of course reading on 4th-5th grade level and failing miserably in writing, which is something that no matter what the punishment or reward is, its not getting done, because it isn't important to him.

So fast forward to today. He almost kills his 3 yr old brother over a lego smaller than 1cm, and shows no remorse, thinks its okay that he was going to hurt him this badly over this specific toy. and then... about 5 minutes later his other brother 5 yrs old is crying and screaming at him, so I call them both up from the toy room and send older ds to his room, because he shows no signs of having a clue what he has done, and I ask the younger one, why were you screaming? and he says... D says when he grows up he's going to kill everyone So I call DH freaking out because first this is the 7th time this summer that I have had to cancel any kind of fun activity we were going to do because of this child's behavior and the fact that he SAID that and shows every sign of being serious and doesn't seem to have the social knowledge that he is WAY OFF!!! So, I am trying to figure out what is wrong with this child, He doesn't have any social skills, his IQ is incredibly high and emotionally he knows how to maniplate everyone around him. I am at a total loss with him. I can't even go to the grocery store with the 3 of them because of this one!!! its not the fact there are 3 of them, last year I took 6 to the store with no problems. He cannot behave for longer than 20 seconds, and that is MAX of twenty seconds!! His teacher was pulling her hair out and I'd go in and cry with her because we couldn't figure him out. I am an intelligent person, but I am at a total loss with this child. My DH says we might have to send him to a mental hospital to have them evaluate him because we can only do so much!!

ADDING this info.... He also takes NO responsibility for his own actions, it is always someone elses fault, never his.

Last edited by GrahamBaby4; 06-19-2007 at 02:19 PM. Reason: forgot to add
GrahamBaby4 is offline   Reply With Quote