View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 11:13 AM   #1
keeperof3angels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How often do you nurse a 10+ month old??

Hi all, I am concerned if my 10 month old is nursing enough. She is only interested in nursing once in the morning (this time is usually from both sides), then once in the afternoon, and then before bedtime, but then sometimes she may skip one here or there....but she is gaining fine and healthy, so i'm not worried, just wanted to know what everyone elses children were doing :-) She loves to eat snacks and finger foods and i think that may be what she wants more often, and she has about 4-5 oz of juice/yogurt juice a day too, but i want her to have enough liquids....But, I am concerned that my milk will dry up because i'm not feeding her as often...so i hope not.

I'm also wondering how others breastfeed for up to 2 years or more...i would love to do this but i have a feeling it will only be at night, is that how it usually is?

I nursed my other two DD for about 15 months, and they basically weaned themselves, no matter what i would do they would just turn their head or bite me (i was so sad)...and for the life of me I can't remember how often they nursed at that age and younger.

TIA!!

Ashlynn (12/8/00) Jadyn (1/3/03) Madisyn (8/16/05) Gavin (7/10/07)
keeperof3angels is offline   Reply With Quote