Thread: KY mommas
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 06:53 PM   #114
jcprincess.mcm
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: KY mommas

I'm in Southern Indiana (Jeffersonville), but that's considered Louisville since most everyone who works, drives across the bridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Hey Louisville mommas tell me about your city.

May move there not sure yet but what is the best area to live. Best schools, parks, close to shopping esp whole foods? Any cd stores? Places that are close to colleges?

If we do end up moving there I will need your opinions on Peds and obs too. I am due in Aug and have 2 los already.

TIA
Try to stay east end (Crescent Hill, Highlands St. Matthews, Westport, Springhurst), possibly even Oldham County. CD store: Mama's Hip on Bardstown Rd in the Highlands. Closest to shopping and Whole Foods would be St. Matthews (2 malls, Whole Foods, and soon a Trader Joes). I've lived in Indiana with my ds and ds#2 on the way so I don't know about Peds - I've heard good things at East Louisville Pediatrics who have offices in St. Matthews and Oldham County. As for OB's, my insurance covers the midwives at Woman Care LLC in Jeffersonville. They only deliver at Clark Memorial, but I've had a wonderful experience with both the current midwives (remembered my first birth from 3 years ago) and with Clark Memorial (I love the labor tubs and wireless monitoring!). I hope this helps and is a little more concise. I lived in St. Matthews for 3 years before moving to Indiana.
jcprincess.mcm is offline   Reply With Quote