View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 11:56 AM   #2
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How often do you nurse a 10+ month old??

That's pretty typical of a 10mo. At that age, they're busy learning and developing new skills and will lose interest in nursing for a little while. That's part of what makes 1yr such an easy age to wean at for most! 10-15mo is usually a bit of a slow period. If you're still nursing at least 2-3 times a day, I wouldn't worry at all! Your body will actually adjust and your milk will be more 'concentrated' to compensate for the infrequency. Chances are once she's mastered more of her gross motor skills (crawling, cruising, walking), she'll start nursing a lot - partly out of boredom! Most toddlers only nurse 2-4 times a day - many over 20mo or so will only nurse 1 or 2 times a day. After 2 years, some don't even nurse every day. It just depends on the child. Some will still nurse a few times a day, some only at night..

As far as extra fluids, just make sure you offer her water or juice during the day in a sippy cup. If she's thirsty, she'll drink. Also, offer drinks before snacks. It's very easy for thirst to be mistaken for hunger and it's important for toddlers to receive plenty of fluids so that they can tell the difference - does that make any sense? Anyway, sounds like you're doing fine!!
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote