View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 01:37 PM   #18
momof4
Registered Users
seller

Re: Feeling uhhhh weird i guess LOL

I agree with Jennifer -- as a former clergy person, I would ABSOLUTELY suggest you talk to the bishop. IF your church can't be there for you in your time of grief and mourning, then something is terribly wrong.

There will be critical, insensitive people in every venue, and there will be super nice ones. Don't let the judgemental types ruin your life; find others there who will support you, and do your best to ignore those who have to give their own egos a lift by putting other people down.

I think if someone spoke to me like that, I'd stare them straight in the face and say, "I certainly hope nobody will speak critically to you at a time you are going through a grievious loss. That's one of the most hurtful things anyone could do to another human being. If you disagree with some of the times and choices I've made, I'd like to point out that there is a time and place to express those opinions, and right now, in front of me, is thoughtless and cruel. You should be ashamed of yourself."