View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 08:37 AM   #7
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Not getting this fleece diaper cover thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
I disagree w/the PPs, it's not NORMAL to get drenched through either fleece or wool, but it WILL happen if the diaper underneath is soaked. I have found that, since we ONLY use fleece or wool, putting on just a PF is not really an adequate diaper (I have LL premiums). I often put a doubler in the front, folded in half, if DS is only going to wear a PF.

You definitely have to increase the absorbency of the diapers, b/c fleece and wool can start to wick wetness though the fabric once a diaper is wet on the outside. Some mamas may not want to do this in order to use fleece or wool covers, but we have to do it b/c my DS gets rashy in a PUL cover and getting wet all the time is definitely not an option.
This is the expert to talk to for all thehelp youneed. She helped me figure out the problem with our first 3! She's amazing! I have never had trouble with wool I want to add.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote