View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 10:25 PM   #4
nappymaven812
Registered Users

Re: Is this enough for our hospital stay?

Sounds like you're set, and like the others said it likely will be to much. I started out with cloth with my second baby. She was in the same diaper all day because she pooped the first time onece on a blanket before we put a diaper on her. I don't remember how many she went through after that but it was very slow for a few days. I also know that meconium washes out without bad stains. Just put diapers with stains in the sun while they are still wet and it will come out. I think liners would be a plus! I don't know how much you have learned about cloth but I would like to share some things I wish someone would have told me. Be aware that when they start on solids and as they start eating more different kinds of food, that you can end up with stinky diapers and bad rashes (ammonia burns). The problem would be soap and/or mineral build up. I learned this the hard way and I am finally getting a handle on it after much research. Some say you can strip your diapers with dawn soap, but some say it only help a bit. It also depends on how hard your water is. I have finnaly had good sucess with a strip done with RLR laundry treatment. It worked wonders but I think I needed to do it twice. I didn't order enough for that but I am getting a soap that will also clean them well with an overnight soak. It's called Lulu's glamour wash. The reviews are awesome! I know you won't have to worry about this for a while, but I don't want the same horible thing to happen to you. So check out the reviews and see what you think. I hope this helps you have a great experience with cloth!

Last edited by nappymaven812; 06-13-2011 at 10:28 PM.
nappymaven812 is offline   Reply With Quote