View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 11:29 PM   #11
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: I need to understand something about those not bf.

Because like every other decision in life, cost, environmentally friendliness, and health reasons are never the only factors in any decision.

I am a cheap person. I consider myself thrifty, my mom says I can squeeze a nickle out of two pennies. I have a small collection of homemade cloth dipes, because it's a free way to stretch out the use of my sposies. And, I BF my now 9 month old, because it's free.

But, despite the fact that free is often the biggest factor in my decisions, it's not the only.

I know that most appliances can be found on CL or freecycle, in great working condition, for free. However, a few months ago, I caved and spent $125 on a fridge. Because I needed something right away. For that decision, the immediate need outweighed the cost factor. Obviously not completely, as I only paid $125, rather than $1225 (as I saw in an ad today.)

I coupon somewhat heavily because I can get lots of stuff cheap or free. However, I will spend more money on a particular brand of laundry detergent, even though I can get other brands for free with coupons and sales, because I find that my particular brand works best.

The same concepts can be applied to the choice on what to feed a baby and I can't wrap my head around why that concept is so hard to understand.

I also can't wrap my head around asking for no flames after basically implying that formula feeding moms are wasting money, destroying the environment and pumping their kid full of deadly chemicals by feeding formula. No, I know that wasn't what was said, but this

Quote:
I just can't wrap my head around someone doing cloth for any of the reasons above, but feeding their baby expensive, environmentally unfriendly, chemical - laden (and hormone if it's cow's milk formula) formula.
clearly implies that thought process.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote