View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 07:47 AM   #21
lauren420
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need to understand something about those not bf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengranny View Post
Honestly? Do you really want my answer?

Because I believe in my core that every baby should be entitled to the most basic, perfect food created especially for him/her. Because if baby animals don't get colostrum they don't survive, and I believe that, even though humans have found a substitute for breast milk, it is not the same and that something is missing. Because a baby is born with a natural reflex to latch on to their mother's breast and it hurts me, truly hurts me that with all of the horrific things babies are put through after birth, that they are denied the benefits of doing so.

So again, I just can't help but wonder why...
I agree with you 100% here mama. I have exclusivly FF'd, Exclusivley BF'd and now I am BF'ing and supplementing with formula, so no judgement from me at all. But it does make me upset when Moms won't even TRY to BF (and I was one of those moms, with my first, and I regret it a lot) All babies deserve thier mamas milk for even just a few days, espscially the beginning!