View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 08:44 AM   #28
Leighleighbuggy
Registered Users
seller

Re: I need to understand something about those not bf.

My grandma was told by her dr. formula was better for babies because it had added vitamins etc.

My mom had undiagnosed thrush and was in severe pain every time she nursed. She wound up quitting b/c it was so painful.

My friend was s*xually abused as a child and has a lot of issues with touch. It made her very uncomfortable.

My other friend had a baby with severe reflux, who would cry whenever she wasn't asleep. She suffered ppd and was having such a difficult time. She stopped nursing due to this.

Another friend had a baby as a single mom (unplanned) and had to work her butt off to support her child. She went back to work right away. Her work was less than cooperative w/pumping and she wasn't willing to fight it in fear she would lose her job-the only way she could support her child.

Personally, I am sooo thankful I never had any of these issues and was able to bf my babies. I feel so lucky that I was able to do that. Had I been dealing with any of these issues, who knows how things would have turned out.

Until you walk a mile in someone else's shoes....
Leighleighbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote