View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 05:09 PM   #23
mamandeyuri
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Spent the afternoon in the ER! I am SO MAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menfusse View Post
Unfortunately, this is true of most resteraunts. The ingredients are on the website and aren't posted in the resteraunt...only "available upon request". Which is all they have to do by law in a resteraunt. My dd has numerous allergies to foods, and she can barely eat anything at any resteraunt. I've had to look them all up on their websites. Some don't even have them on the websites, but have you email them for the ingredients, which I have had to do. So we know what food are safe where, which is very few unfortunately. Sorry mama that you had to go through this, I've been there and it is frustrating and scarey.
I am in the same situation- We hardly ever go out and if we do I order a salad and veggies. We carry 2 epi pens...I was once at a wedding and they had stuffed mushrooms at the reception. Just as I was about to take a bite of one my mom snatched it out of my hands.... shrimp.. You never know!

DS turned 1 in may. I made him a wheat free, egg free, chocolate cake... He loved it, well, after he was covered from head to toe I gave him bath. red rash coughing/wheezing. I had to give him some benadryl...He's allergic to chocolate.

Always carry some liquid benadryl!
Thank goodness you caught it in time...my first shellfish incident I fainted...
mamandeyuri is offline   Reply With Quote