View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 07:39 PM   #28
babygirlsmom1005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Spent the afternoon in the ER! I am SO MAD!

Most places (restaurants) do not list food allergy components on menus or anywhere in the restaurant, you have to be specific and ask (I usually talk with the owner or the manager). My DD is allergic to dairy, soy, wheat/gluten and Eggs and I am allergic to shell fish. Everywhere we go (which is not to too many diffrent places, we stay within where we know we are safe) the manager or owner gets to answer a bunch of questions and find out exactly what is in everything (ie: is there butter in the veggies)!!! I have even had them bring out the ingredient lists for prepaired items, and they are happy to do so just so I can be sure there is nothing overlooked.

Now, did you ask the waitress/waiter or a manager/owner? My experiance (not to slam any waitresses or waiters) is they do not know and some won't find out or won't take the time to find out and just say what they think you want to hear. Always get a manager or owner, they understand the importance and the liability of food allergies (or 99% of them do).

Good Luck and I wouldn't go back to that place.
Marcie wife to Mike mom to Madeline 10/2005 , Marshall 4/2009 and surprise #3 due 9/2011
babygirlsmom1005 is offline   Reply With Quote