View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 07:20 PM   #11
ndunn
Registered Users
seller

Re: Sleep help PLEASE... Exhausted baby and mommy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRo View Post
Yeah, I am really not comfortable with CIO... it seems to me like I should be able to teach him to sleep, not leave him to figure it out on his own... but I am about that tired at this point. I am also the only one doing anything with him. My DH is a wonderful hubby and father, it is just that he is at work... so I can be at home. That adds to the frustration level for me. Thanks for the suggestions so far!
You know I think that is a common thing, especially in North America, for us as mothers to feel like we have a responsibility to "teach" our children to do the things that we are able to acheive in our lives....or to somehow be more or do more than what is age appropriate. I think what we forget or look past sometimes is that babies are only what they are. At this age your baby is just taking in everything and relying on you to guide him through the actions of life. It's okay that he cannot put himself to sleep. It's exhausting but it's okay and continuing to be there for him & help him feel safe falling asleep will eventually lead to a child who is secure and trusting.

This is a good article too:

http://moxie.blogs.com/askmoxie/2006...t_are_sle.html

I like the saying:
"what we resist will persist"

It's very true!!