View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
ahenson
Registered Users
seller

Question Simple Meal Ideas for VERY Picky DH!

So DH is a very picky eater, although I have gotten him to open up to a lot over the past nearly seven years of marriage / twelve years together! I am going to be working at home for a while at the least, with two under two at home. I am trying to come up with recipes for main dishes that he likes that are also one or more of the following:

1. Healthy
2. Inexpensive
3. Easy to make ahead or freeze ahead

...that do not include:

Raw or cooked tomatoes (salsa or ketchup is okay, whatever, I know)
Italian seasoning or similar flavors
Almost any veggie except broccoli, "corn", peppers...he likes a few others but I would have to think about it more!

He loves most Asian food and just about anything highly processed and junky, lol. His mom rarely cooked (opposite of mine, who was a chef before being a SAHM) so he grew up eating out, eating grilled cheese on white bread, ramen, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. We almost never ate out and we had a from-scratch, home-cooked, sit-down-together-with-no-TV meal every night while I was growing up.

I have gotten him to start eating whole grain pasta as long as there is no Italian-spiced sauce (like he will eat it with a cheese sauce instead), whole grain bread, and skim milk, but that is about the extent of it!

I have about 20 lbs of chicken leg quarters in the freezer and a few lbs of ground beef. Any suggestions in the Asian realm that are easy would be great! TIA.

Amanda