View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
abaigeal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My DD was just diagnosed as being anemic...update in post 13

SHe is 15 months and still breastfeeds a ton during the day. She has a million food allergies (ok not really but seems like it) and can't have peanuts, eggs, dairy, peas, carrots, apples, bananas, the list keeps going.

Anyways at her 15 mo apt the dr wanted to test her for anemia because she is so pale and the results came back that she is at 8.6 and should be at 11 1/2. So we need to give her 18mg of iron 2 times a day.

I feel like I have tried to hard and overcame so many barriers trying to nurse her and I can't believe we have gone so long. But am I hurting her? Can I help her by increasing my iron levels? On top of all this she has been bleeding out of her butt after poops so we also have to have her see a Pedi GI (again) at Children's and have a scope done in 2 weeks to find out where it's coming from. I am so scared and worried for her right now. I don't know how to fix her and I am so upset. Do I keep nursing her? She doesn't eat many solids at meal times so I feel this is how she is getting all her nutrition..well maybe not. Sorry I am rambling. ANyone else have a little one with Anemia? Will she be ok? Is this life long?

Thanks

Wildtree consultant-feed your family healthier
http://www.mywildtree.com/abbycravillion/

Last edited by abaigeal; 06-24-2011 at 06:14 AM.
abaigeal is offline   Reply With Quote