Old 06-21-2007, 10:54 AM   #6
momma2three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: allergic reaction, need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerybugmady View Post
We went strawberry picking this morning and of course the kids ate more than they picked. My older daughter who's very sensitive to dyes and chemicals is now COVERED in an itchy blotchy hive-like rash from head to toe. It's those teeny tiny heat rash-like spots. It's definitely NOT heat rash because it's insanely itchy and began as soon as we walked out of the patch. We were there for an hour and a half and it started on her hands and feet so my guess is the pesticides that they are using. It's not an organic farm. I gave her benadryl and made her take a shower to get anything off her skin but I'm not sure what else to do. What do I do? Just watch it?
Also, what the allergist told me. If it were something she touched, she would only have it in that spot that she touched. It doesn't spread on the outside of the body. Now if she touched pesticides on her hands and touched her hands to different places on her body then you could get it in other places, but it's not likely she touched her entire body head to toe, KWIM? With all over rashes, it's usually more lotion, detergant..things that touch your whole body or a food allergy. Food & (oral) medication allergies show up everywhere.