View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #32
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriket

no. Tell him that you are going to get on WIC (even if you never get any of the food) a single visit to an LC is around $50 for a one hour appointment. You may need extra help EPing. They were able to get me different sized flanges (free!) and tips on positioning the pump differently and such. They may be able to lend you a hospital grade pump. The lactina's personal part is $50 alone, then the motor is $1000. You are really going to need a hard core pump. I don't know if the PY or the purple cousin will cut it for you. I had such a crappy pump... I thought it was me for a while, I wouldn't want that to happen to you too. Not after nursing your daughter for 15m. So you know your boobs can do it!

I got on for DS for the LC. I knew I would never be able to afford my own pump, but I had to work.
Would I still have to go to the WIC appointments and stuff? We only have one car and DH works an hour away so it's such a pain. I know my insurance will only cover a rental from the hospital if I have a preemie but I wonder if mental health or D-MER or any of those issues could get it covered...hmm...I'm really trying to push WIC on him. I think we need it. He just thinks that a lot of other military families, not all, get on it because they can and he doesn't want to be one of them.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote