View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
cupnkey
Registered Users

Mixed emotions about food

My only DD is 6.5 months and we just started solid foods this week. I haven't pureed anything, just softened carrots by cooking and I gave her already soft avocado. Everytime she opens her mouth wide to put food in I get this big mixed bag of emotions that runs over me. She's my first baby and we have EBF to this point so this is the beginning of the end of our breastfeeding relationship. We plan on nursing until she self-weans (probably after age 2 right?) but I know that the frequency of our feedings will greatly reduce in just a few short months. But I'm also very proud that my DD has figured out how to eat so quickly. This must have been the right time for her, it's just bittersweet for me.

I guess I wanted to know if any other mamas have felt this way. I know our parenting routine is going to change now. It just seems like so much more work to feed DD, clean up afterwards, and I'm still waiting but I hear her dirty diapers are going to change drastically as well. I'm lucky to have an extremely supportive DH that is realizing my mixed feelings.
cupnkey is offline   Reply With Quote