View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
sstarfish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I *think* I've figured out my stink problem!!

I was having issues w/ stink, especially in my synthetics. I switched to Tide, but ended up getting the Ultra (didn't realize there was a difference at the time). I was using up to the -1- line, and the flats, etc were getting clean, but the synthetic pockets still stunk, as well as the Megaroos. So I started using a capful or 2 of bleach in every load, and that helped. I wasn't checking for bubbles (I was told not to!! )

Well, long story short, I realized that the rinse cycle was still FULL (and I mean FULL) of suds, so I decided to "strip" by doing tons of hot rinses, and then use less Tide.

And guess what? No more stink. So, in MY case (this won't work for everyone!), more detergent did not get my diapers cleaner. Now I use 3 TBs of Tide Ultra F&G in the hot wash, w/ a full warm/cold cycle afterwards to rinse, and everything is getting wonderfully clean. If any of the pocket inners still have a faint stink when it's all said and done, I do a small hot rinse or two w/ just the pockets, and the stink is gone. I've only had to do this occasionally.

I'm so excited to FINALLY have a wash routine that WORKS, is EASY, and (bonus!) uses much less detergent.

Oh, and I just wanted to add that I know that this won't work for everyone... I have softish water (naturally, no softener) and an old TL.