View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:
Re: I *think* I've figured out my stink problem!!

Good to know. I need to wash a big load of diapers in Ultra Tide free & gentle powder this afternoon because that is my only option. I'm almost out of diapers and I don't want to wake up napping toddlers to go to the store to try something else out. I think I'm going to do a warm wash w/ full amount detergent followed by a hot wash without and see how that goes for us. When I tried to wash with the Ultra before we had some staining and stinky covers which had never happened before with the original. Adding more detergent ended up with murky rinse water and a red bum

We have hard well water and I've found with playing around that the Ultra Tide powder *does* still get stains out of clothes, but only if I do the built in autosoak for each cycle. We had totally stain free clothing and diapers with the regular Tide f&g powder but when we switched to Ultra we weren't getting the same results. More detergent meant crunchy clothes, not less stains for us. Since we have a basic toploader (not HE) even with the 15 or 30 min. autosoak for each load it isn't really that time consuming. We live on a farm and my kids are really rough on their clothes so I had been so glad when we found that Tide worked for us. I just hope I can figure out a diaper routine!

Last edited by FernHollow; 06-30-2011 at 12:44 PM.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote