View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #783
knlrachel
Registered Users
seller

Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama.timms View Post
Luky for me, I don't need your approval to be confident in my decisions. I'm glad more and more people are doing research before circ'ing (or vaxxing, and with car seats, etc). But it's comments like your's that really turn people off.

ETA - it's also interesting that you automatically assume we circ for cosmetic reasons. Nowhere on this thread (or any other thread) have I stated our reasons for circ'ing. But I love how you think it's your place to make assumptions on something you know nothing about.
Hopping in here I don't know your reasons or anyone's reasons for circ'ing. The most common one I hear from parents who do circ is that they chose to do so because they don't like how an intact boy looks. I know there are other reasons, but I also know that my sisters circ'd their boys for cosmetic reasons and I think, if you were to poll parents, many would say it was cosmetic reasons. There are other reasons people choose to circ (religious, health/medical) but I don't find them to be as common.