View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 10:25 PM   #33
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: I HATE BFING!!!!!!!

I nursed mine for a combined 39 months. It wasn't my most favorite thing either, but fortunately for me, we chose to do things in such a way with our LOs that I rarely was frustrated or trapped by BFing. We routine fed our babies so they were eating and sleeping very predictably from birth which allowed me to get out for 1-2 hours just a few days after birth. Because we choose to nurse for food not pacification or amusement or comfort, we get full feedings in at each MEAL not SNACK. So at 3 months mine were all eating 6-8x/day and STTN at least 8 hours and gaining weight like mad. Fewer nursing periods in a day was HUGE for me. Even bigger was knowing when my baby's body would need food so I have NEVER nursed in public. Ever. The car? Yes. I could go to the grocery alone or run an errand and know my babies were fine and sleeping well without me. HTH.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote