View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #33
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: how do you lay a baby down w/o them waking up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post
Are you putting them down before they act tired? That is important. If you put them down when they are tired, then it is less likely they will be able to put themselves to sleep, unless of course they are very used to it. It is very important to put them down 1-1 1/2 hours after the last time they woke up. No, it isn't a long time with feeding, changing, and "play" time, but it is important to put them down before they show signs of being tired.

I also don't believe in CIO and none of ours have ever cried going to sleep.
Hmmm...I've tried doing it when they're tired, but I haven't been successful. I will try the 1-1.5 hrs. and see. Yesterday was awful! She didn't sleep more than 5-10 mins at a time and last night, she woke every hour or two. I'm tired today. For her nap today she nursed to sleep in our bed and woke with-in a few mins. I then stuck a nook in her mouth and patted her bum until she fell asleep. Only last 20 mins. Did it again, only 10 mins this time. Third time was the charm.

That said, I don't want to have to keep going in there. I will try again with the putting her down before she's sleepy (think I have a hard time realizing when that is). Should she not have a nook at that time?
Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.

Last edited by mama2cntrykids; 07-13-2011 at 11:06 AM.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote