View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
KaysieW003
Registered Users
seller
seller

Unhappy Please Pray for my Brother!!!

If you are friends with me on facebook you can see the video

My brother was mountain biking with my cousin yesterday when he went off the trail at a high rate of speed and went directly into a tree. He was rescued off the mountain and taken to the hospital where they found he had a lacerated spleen and 5 broken ribs. The spoke of possible surgery to remove the spleen but for now they are just watching it and monitoring him in the ICU. Please pray that he heals on his own and if he does need surgery please pray that God will watch over the surgeon and guide them through the surgery with no issues or complications.

I'll update as I can. Thank you so much for your prayers.

7/15: They are keeping him in the hospital over the weekend. He did move out of ICU, but he is in a deep depression and saying how he just wishes he would die Please Please Please pray for him

7/20: He was released from the hospital and went home with my cousin who has been a really great support for him during this whole ordeal. He is still in a lot of physical pain and basically he has stopped calling and texting me so I really have no idea how he is doing mentally, but I am sure getting out of the hospital and being around his cousin and his dog (his best buddy) is making him a little better. Before he was discharged, I did call the nurses and discussed his mental status and they said they were aware of it and were dealing with it. :/ I don't know if they gave him any meds to help with his mood, but even if they did I doubt he would take it.
So him and my cousin will be driving west to Oregon sometime this week and I'll get to see him (I hope). Thanks for the continued thoughts and prayers!

Last edited by KaysieW003; 07-20-2011 at 10:19 AM.
KaysieW003 is offline   Reply With Quote