View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
PinkSapphire87
Registered Users
seller

Is back to breast possible?

We have had such a rough start. From tongue ties, to lip ties, and failure to thrive. DD is almost five months old, and I'm worrying that she is too old to get back to the boob... Like you can't teach and old dog a new trick kind of thing...

I have been pumping and feeding the pumped milk, donor milk, and formula through the bottle for the past two months. I am so sick of pumping plus renting the symphony pump. I would LOVE to be able to get her back to the breast. She has nursed in the past with an SNS, and a shield. I got her off the shield and then with going back to school it was easier to pump and give bottles. Although I really want to get her back to the breast. I have been working with an IBCLC, but I'm not sure what she can do for us. Our insurance doesn't cover it, so I have to pay for it all out of pocket. I just wouldn't want to pay for an appointment, and have her not be able to help us.

She thrashes, screams, and cries when I attempt to put her to the breast with the SNS, without the sns, and with the nipple shield, and without the nipple shield. I've tried to find some websites that discuss this issues. Lots that I have looked at talk about relactation, but I do not need to relactate I just need to get her back to nursing from the tap. Hopefully my supply will increase when she starts nursing from the boob again.

Has anyone successfully gotten their baby back to the breast?

Suggestions/comments/links so appreciated!

Breastfeeding, babywearing, fully vaxing, attachment parenting, still in school, forever studying, and burning the candle at both ends but loving life and enjoying my girls!
PinkSapphire87 is offline   Reply With Quote