View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 05:09 PM   #43
IslaRose
Registered Users

Re: I HATE BFING!!!!!!!

Poor Momma!

I can totally relate to your feelings. I've struggled with many of the same issues with breastfeeding my children.

If I were you, I'd try to keep working with her to take a bottle of pumped milk, and ultimately toward nursing from you less. (Have you tried warming the nipple under the faucet before giving it to her? Have you let your husband feed her with you out of the room? Tried different bottles/nipples?)

Don't feel bad about being miserable with breastfeeding. Give yourself credit for pushing yourself this far, and give yourself a break.

Could you see yourself nursing part time? Maybe at night time only? If so, then aim to have the baby on day bottles and find the help and support you need to make that happen. If you need to quit breastfeeding altogether...do it and don't feel guilty. You might try to keep her on breastmilk for a few more weeks or even months before totally weaning her...but if you feel that you just can't, then don't. Do what you need to do. Your baby needs a happy mother more than anything!
IslaRose is offline   Reply With Quote