View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 07:41 PM   #4
YiddleDoppers
Registered Users
Formerly: mama2lumpynoodles
seller

Re: What do I do with non pocket diapers??

In my experience using pockets on a newborn can be frustrating (and sewing pocket diapers for a variety of newborn shapes --FORGET IT--)

If all you've used a pockets (which are awesome) then I recommend using fitted diapers for your NB ... yes they need a cover, but that's it! just snap them on like your BG's then snap on the cover. I lay the fitted on top of the cover, so all I have to do is fasten diaper. fasten cover. done.
Personally, I like swaddlebees with bummis xs covers ... but there are many brands. Green Mountain Diapers (dot) com has an extensive section (with loads of photos) about which diapers fit inside which covers ... hth.
ETA: With a NB, it can't hurt to have a dozen pre-folds on hand ... they're easier than you think and they have a multitude of uses and come in handy for everything (resale value is about 80-95% too!)
"Mandie" wife to one awesome dude and Mama to a brood of active boys. Also the heart and hands behind Yiddle Doppers™ on HC and Y.Woman™ on Etsy. Looking for OOAK, rare and HTF items? Stalk us on Stalkerazzi Congo

Last edited by YiddleDoppers; 07-21-2011 at 07:46 PM.
YiddleDoppers is offline   Reply With Quote