View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 09:49 PM   #51
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ethical question about Ameda

I really hope you can talk your DH into the WIC thing. Perhaps it would help to tell him it's not welfare and WIC is practically begging people to sign on so we can keep our funding.

I'm a BF peer counselor at WIC. The WIC office has peer counselors, Lactation counselors and Breastfeeding coordinators who are all there to help you. I know it varies by location, but my office gives Purely Yours pumps to moms who are returning to work or school. They rent Lactinas and Symphonys (usually for premies) for $25 and they lend out pedal pumps for free and give out hand pumps for free.

I just started working there at the end of March. I'm no expert by any means. But they did send me to become a certified lactation counselor. I've gone home at nights agonizing over moms that may have slipped through the cracks while I get trained.

Anyways, I'll get off my soap box now. lol I know WIC isn't perfect, but I really think it is helping to promote breastfeeding in a culture that isn't all that accepting of it.

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote