View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 10:34 PM   #11
MaBacon
Registered Users
seller

Re: I'm high risk, not sure if benefits outweigh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissed by the Moon View Post
So I guess I'm just debating how safe/unsafe it would be for me/baby and what can be done to reduce the risk. The hard part is that the safest is a vbac, then scheduled c, and last, a failed vbac to c section. So do I try for vbac and hope it's successful, or jump to the scheduled c section? hmm.
A VBAC is not always the safest option, especially in high risk pregnancies. If I were in your shoes I would not opt for a vbac knowing that you have IC. I would go for a scheduled c/s. Also after having 2 c/s, the incision site is weakened. I'm guessing this is part of what your dr was trying to say- you have a higher risk of rupture. With my prior 2 c/s my incision started hurting really bad by 34wks and that on top of everything else is what made my OB deliver our DS3. She feared rupture if we labored any longer as I had been in PTL since 18wks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAugust View Post
I don't know... I almost think it's.... irresponsible to go into another pregnancy knowing you're likely to have another VERY early baby. My babies were only 3 and 5 weeks early and that is enough to make me reconsider a #3. I just feel like I want to give my babies the best start possible, and the possibility of having one earlier than 35 weeks is scary to me. I just would feel terrible knowing I am making the choice to put my own child through that much hardship so early on. I truly don't mean to be mean, I hope you don't take it that way. That's just my feelings on it, and why I would NOT have another if I were you (and seriously debate in my own situation). Is adoption not an option for you guys? Not everyone wants to adopt, but that's something we're considering.
I really don't think that someone should give up their dream of a family just because they have a preemie. We've been though more hurdles than one could want trying to get our family. Yes we've been though hell, but I take one look at my kids and know the weekly apts/US's/meds/NICU time was all worth it for them to be in my arms today. Really I think with the right medical team she should be fine to have another healthy baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody View Post
You have 19 children!? Wow go mama!

I've had 17 pregnancies with 19 babies yes. I can have my own 19 kids and counting show but it would be very different as we only have 4 living kids all of which were preemies. We've had 10- 1st trimester losses (one was our ds2's twin), 2 ectopics (one was a m/c twin & ectopic pg) and a 2T loss of our dd Abigail to trisomy 18.