View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 06:58 PM   #14
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BF when on a road trip

We have done several road trips with a baby and I'm ready to refrain from them for a while. Like PP said, for that long, take maybe 2 extra hours. you won't feel rushed and gives baby plenty of time. nothing worse than a screaming/hungry baby on the road!

Like PP said, for 8 hours, make 2 stops every 2 1/2 hours. - PLAN your stops! unless there are plenty of exits... the 3rd "stop" will be your destination. Plan to stop for AT least an hour when it is a meal stop. We usually did 1 1/2 hours for a stop (4 kiddos will do that) then tried to make it 2 1/2 hours. we did this on the way to Fla. and it made for some long days but with diaper changes, etc. we had to.

I drove the kids & myself on a 6 hr. trip in June and we made it with one stop. that was mainly because of naps & baby needing to BF and I was alone... we BF on the first stop, and the way it worked out was needing to BF again only 1/2 hour from our destination. I pushed it, hand-fed baby tiny bits of cheese for the last 45 mins. and we got there. that way i could turn the kids loose AND feed baby in his own time. it was hard by myself!
have fun!!

Last edited by vintagegyrl; 07-25-2011 at 07:03 PM.
vintagegyrl is offline   Reply With Quote