View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #30
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone actually LIKE being a WOHM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfgirl View Post
I love my job and love working, but I would definitely like to spend more time with my son. I don't think I'm cut out to be a SAHM because I think I'd go a little nuts.
Exactly. Me too. I would like more time with my kids, but I love working too. I think being a part-time WOHM would be perfect for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
I'm wondering if there's a difference between moms who are working in a chosen profession, specifically when they've gone to college & possibly grad school & have a few years of experience & an already established career, even if they don't love the specific job they have right now (this is me), & moms who are working solely to pay the bills, regardless of the job qualifications.
I wonder this too. I went to college and received my degree in chemistry specifically to work in science. And now I work in science. If I hated my job or was doing something just because it paid the bills, I would feel much differently about being a WOHM. But I am doing what I wanted to do, so I'm happy to be working. I will say that I am working in a different field of science than I would if I was never going to have kids. Right now I work somewhere where I am not working on research or trying to advance my career in a competitive way. I might have pursued those things if I didn't have kids. But my priorities now are having a job I like that affords time for family. And so I work somewhere I enjoy, but is also lower stress, predictable hours, and family-friendly. I'm not much for the rat race anyways.

Last edited by Janine; 08-02-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Janine is offline   Reply With Quote