View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
triton77
Registered Users
seller

Periods and the Mini Pill

For those of you who have taken the mini pill do you get your period during the off week? I started taking the pill on July 3 last week was my off week and my period didn't show up. I've always been pretty regular both on and off the pill. I took a pg test last week and it was neg but my period still hasn't started. I haven't had my period since before my girls were born and they are now 10mo. I was breastfeeding and taking DPD to boost milk production but I stopped DPD in late june and stopped breastfeeding the second week of july. I know DPD stops you from ovulating so I haven't had any kind of period since before my girls. I'm just wondering if you get your period when taking the mini pill?
Thanks for the help!
Update___8/12____________

Well AF has raised her ugly head and boy is it ugly. It started yesterday 8/11 and it is heavy! soaking through tampons in 1.5 hours. Tonight I was feeling crampy so I took out my tampon and in less than 5min I had soaked through my pants thats my second pair. Ugg if it's gonna be this bad I'm gonna stop taking these pills I've never had a period this bad. This is my first ppaf so I know it's suppose to be bad but yuck this is bad.
I was kinda hoping it wouldn't appear and I would get a BFP but it is for the best as hubby is done we really have our hands full with the six we have but I can still wish, right?

Last edited by triton77; 08-12-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: update
triton77 is offline   Reply With Quote