Old 08-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
NewbieSAHM
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Best Convertible for a Generic Kid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica-m View Post
This is my all time favorite list of recommended car seats.

http://carseatblog.com/carseatblogco...ded-car-seats/

It would be a good place to start. It has seats at all different price points with lots of information.
Thank you! That's just about the most perfect information I could have asked for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
For convertibles, under $100 there is a good recent review of the options on carseatblog.com. I'd check that.

For $100-$150, I'd lean toward seats whose harnesses can be adjusted easily if you're going to be using them with different kids (can't quite tell if you will be though?). Those would be the evenflo triumph 65 and first years/lamaze truefit. (There are some other no-rethread options that normally run over $150, and may sometimes be on sale for less, but these two are consistently under $150.) Other $100-$150 options that are good, especially if used for just one specific kid all the time, are the graco myride and Britax roundabout55.

I probably wouldn't bother listing seats for much above $150 as I would expect most parents wouldn't want to pay that for a daycare seat.

Another thing to consider, if you're using these in your own car, will you be doing the installations? If so then I'd make sure that you are comfortable using whatever seats you suggest. But ideally, from a liability perspective, I'd ask the parents to install the seats in your car (in which case, whatever seats they're comfortable with would probably be best).
I'll check it out, thanks (not terribly familiar with the site, but hopefully it's not hard to find). And good point about parents not spending more than $150 on a seat for my vehicle. Each seat would only be used for that specific child, not shared among different kids. And I had never thought about potential for liability in that regard. Eek! Perhaps I should include a waiver/agreement that addresses who installs the seat in my contract.
NewbieSAHM is offline   Reply With Quote