View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 12:15 AM   #3
jacksmimi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need trainer help! (Spam away please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsA08 View Post
My nephew didn't learn until he was 4. He us SUPER independent and just kept forgetting to go to the bathroom because he was so distracted by his own imagination, lol. Have you tried the "it's your mess you deal with it approach"? That what my SIL finally ended up having to do with him, and it eventually worked. It is something that would definitely work better for an older toddler like your son rather than a toddler under 2. She would remind him to use the bathroom every hour or so, but if he didn't go and came to her and told her he was wet or dirty she would give him show him where his clothes were and he would have to change himself. If he pooped his pants she would go in the bathroom with him where he would have to draw his own bath (she checked the temperature of course) and get himself clean. I'm sure some people may think this method sounds harsh, but sometimes for kids that are really independent it's the only thing that works.
As far as reusable training pants go, there are some patterns I have seen the links to to make them, but I don't have the links, maybe someone else does. Also, the gerber training underwear have an little bit of absorbency. My sister uses those with a cheap pull on diaper cover when she' at home for her girls. She uses pull-ups the rest of the time. Anyway, hope something I said helps!
Thanks for your response I checked into some Mother Goose trainers:

http://hyenacart.com/mothergoosedesigns/index.php?c=21

Hopefully other mamas read this message too on trainer help. I messaged her and she was incredibly fast at getting back to me, more than once, and I would have to say so far her CS is excellent She also has a buy 7 get one free, which I would imagine even at his worst could get me thru day two and doing some laundry that night.

On another note, I think our problem is very active boy... He tells me he wants to play not go to the potty. So when he poops I've been making him take a bath (cause it's usually pretty messy). So then he does get upset cause it takes time away from his playing. So you and your SIL may be onto something! I let him pick out his undies fabric, so hopefully this will motivate him.