Thread: Crazy?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
Esme&Quinnsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Crazy?

My sister in law had her baby boy last Sunday which we are all really excited about!! I tried BFing my 17 month old when she was first born but the hospital was terrible and wouldn't help at all. Okay, they helped, but every single nurse gave me a different way of doing it. I was confused . The second night when I was in pain (CS) and upset because no one could give us the correct answer, a nurse came in and told me that my daughter was starving and that I wasn't feeding her!!! We had just asked her to come in and see if our DD had a fever. We were so upset we gave her a bottle. After that, she would have nothing to do with BFing. Everytime I got her to the breast, she screamed like I was killing her. She had good lungs!!!
Now I see my sister in law with her new baby and they both took the BFing right away. But... he feeds all the time! He wakes up every hour during the night. When we visited when he was 4 days old, he BF'd for 3 of the 4 hours we were there!
I'm expecting our little guy in October.... and I don't know if it's worth it? I'm going to be recovering from my second c section. Dh's not taking as much time off of work (2 weeks I think) and I will have a 19 month old running around.
Am I crazy ... is it really that bad? Do they really eat that much? My daughter slept almost through the entire night, waking up at 4:30 and then sleeping through the night at 1 month.
Advice!!!
Thanks,
Kayla
Esme&Quinnsmama is offline   Reply With Quote