Old 08-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #4
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Crazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenebean214 View Post
Yes, my DD seemed to be on the bewbs 24/7. It's necessary to let them nurse on demand so they get as much colostrum as possible, and to signal your body to make enough milk. It will even out, and it wont be like that forever. It wasn't easy, but by the 3rd week it was like cake (but we had no issues besides normal soreness and sleep deprivation). As far as sleeping through the night, bfing or ffing shouldn't make that much of a difference. I know FF babies that are still up every 3 hrs at a year old, and BFing babies that STTN at 8 wks. It depends on the baby.

If you really want BFing to work out this time, get the support you need, don't introduce a bottle or pacifier, and offer to nurse as much as possible!
My DD was constantly nursing and it seemed like she never slept. My DS is a much more relaxed baby and it has been a very different experience--much easier! He nurses pretty frequently, but he's not constantly latched on like my DD was.