View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
HE Toploader mamas...I have a few questions for you...

We're looking at HE toploaders right now--our FL is starting to act up again and I'm not about to soak a couple hundred dollars into repairing it again. I think I have some time before it will crap out completely; last time it acted up on and off for a few months before I HAD to repair it.

SO....I'm looking at the HE toploaders. Right now, on sale, for the same price, I could get a Whirlpool Cabrio or a Maytag Bravos. They are very similar, except for a few key features. Can anyone tell me which features are worth getting, or not? There's only a few things. Oh, and I found out that Whirlpool owns Maytag now, so they are basically the same machine, just with different labels on them. They are both made in the USA, which is important to me.

But here are the features that are different in these two models I'm looking at:

Whirlpool:
has 4.0 cubic feet capacity
Stain treatment cycle (which I read about, it actually seems like it would be useful)
2 rinse temperatures (I'm assuming warm and cold)

Maytag:
3.6 cubic feet capacity (so a little smaller)
Sanitary cycle (but there is no internal heater on this model so I'm wondering how this will actually work??)
1 rinse temperature (cold I'm assuming)

Any opinions? Thanks!
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote