View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #16
proudmama4
Registered Users
Formerly: jke**y
seller

My Mood:
Re: HELP! I need a break or something!

I also know what it feels like to be needed constantly. I exclusively breastfed my twins to 1 year (they are 13 months now.) Now the girl takes a little whole milk, but they both are mainly breastfed still. The boy is completely breastfed. Plus I have a 3.5 year old who needs me. To keep your sanity, you need to find a balance!

Do you want things to change? Do you want your baby to nap without you lying down next to her, or do you want to continue that? How many naps does she take? You said she is 13 months, so does she still take 2 naps, or has she moved to 1? At her age, she should be napping 2-4 hours a day.

Do you still want to co-sleep with her? Her nighttime sleep needs are 10-12 hours. Total sleep should be around 14 hours per 24 hour cycle.

I may offer some advice, but if you want to continue to do these things, then I can't offer much advice.

I may get rocks thrown at me here, but why can't you go to the bathroom or shower with out your child? Is there not a safe place for your child to be with out you for 2 minutes? In a gated area perhaps? Or in a doorway jumper or something while you shower?

I'm all about attachment parenting, but I'm also about developing a child who can keep themselves entertained. A tired, worn-out Mama is not good for a child either. They feed off you! I KNOW it's hard to find that balance, and I KNOW that before you know it, you child has become so completely dependent upon you. I had that for bedtime w/ my first.

Hugs to you!

PS: As for the weakness you are feeling, are you eating enough? Are you maintaining your weight or are you losing? Are you able to get out and get some exercise? I know I felt weak with my first. So I got myself a YMCA membership that had a daycare. I started eating more, and getting some good alone exercise, and it made ALL the difference in my mood...made me a better mother. I enjoyed my child so much fuller after that. Again...hugs to you!

Last edited by proudmama4; 08-08-2011 at 03:21 PM.
proudmama4 is offline   Reply With Quote