View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
sheenashine's Avatar
Registered Users
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,317
My Mood:
MMC- how long is safe to wait??

So I posted something similar on FF, but I thought being a more "crunchy" group here I might get more answers...

My baby quit growing at 6w1d, right now I'm somewhere in week 10. My MW said she will give me until the 18th of this month before she starts pushing the misoprostol or a D&C. My home birth MW said it's safe to wait even longer (but she didn't give me an exact timeline)- she also gave me a list of herbs to help move things along- but I am hesitant to use them, though less hesitant than the other options.
Sigh, I'm probably making this more difficult than it needs to be. The bottom line is I really DON'T want to take the misoprostol OR have a D&C- I am OK waiting, even if it takes 2-3 more weeks... but I am unsure as to how long is safe and when I should stop simply waiting and start trying to get things moving.
I have googled all over the place but can't find any information on this :/ Does anyone know how long is safe to wait???


ETA: I *finally* started my MC yesterday. So far it's been just fine, like any normal period... We'll see what the next few days bring.
I'm glad I didn't have to resort to the misoprostol or (*shudder*) D&C... I am WAY to much of a sissy to deal with that.
Thanks again, mamas for all your input and support.
Sheena, SAHM to: PaigyPrincess, AddyBoo, RubyJane, And Mr.Nolan

Last edited by sheenashine; 08-23-2011 at 10:29 AM.
sheenashine is offline   Reply With Quote