View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
5lilmnkys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Pumping is much more efficient when....

You know how to use your pump! I have a fancy double electric hospital grade pump that seemed simple enough. I have been trying to build up a supply for my return to work next week, but it has been soooo frustrating and slow going. I can't get my milk to let down very easily except when I am nursing, so I tried pumping on one side while I nurse on the other. Still I would get maybe an ounce at a time, if that, and it takes forever. So anyway....since I am using only one side of a double pump, it never occured to me to cover the hole where the tubing goes in for the side I wasn't using. I accidentally covered it yesterday and holy suction!!!! Today I pumped out 3 oz in less than 10 minutes! I feel a bit stupid lol....but relieved it wasn't me that was the problem and happy to know how much easier future pumping sessions will be!
I married Jon, my 2nd chance at true love, on 11-26-10, and am mama to 6 lil monkeys...4 by birth, 2 by marriage. Bryant Stone 13, Landon Nicholas 10, Paige Erica Nicole 8, Jorja Juness 5, Jillian Bella 3....and the baby boy that links us all together, Rowan Henry, born 6/30/11!
5lilmnkys is offline   Reply With Quote