View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 10:25 AM   #28
Megs83
Registered Users
seller

Re: success story: overcoming insufficient glandular tissue

I know this is an older thread but, thank you so much for posting this! Its so encouraging!! Like the rest of you, I had planned to EBF and was heartbroken when things weren't going according to plan. I am fairly certain that I have IGT but there were so many postpartum complications, I can't be sure (possible retained placental fragments resulting in a secondary post partum hemorrhage at 6 days PP. Followed by a d&c, 2 units of blood and various meds that can hurt supply such as methergine and lasix.). But I have never produced more than about 10ish ounces a day(with nursing every 2hrs around the clock) and have never even pumped enough to cover the bottom of the medela bottles. From birth, DS was never satisfied and only produced 1 wet diaper a day. No bowel movements at all aside from the one seconds after he was delivered. As soon as we began supplementing, things changed instantly.
I am currently TTC again and hoping things will go much differently. Your post has encouraged me so much!
I estimate that I currently produce 1-3oz a day. DS has been supplemented with formula via bottle since he was 5 days old. He is 14 months now and we are still going strong!! He looooves to nurse. It was my original goal to get to 3 months, then 6, then 1year. Now I am hoping to make it to 2 years. We have had a few times that I was certain he was self weaning, but happily, I have been wrong every time. Now that he is a toddler, he shows me he wants to nurse by rubbing my side or going to our nursing chair. It blesses my heart so much and makes me so glad I hung in there for the fight.
Megs83 is offline   Reply With Quote