Old 08-19-2011, 08:43 AM   #120
tkeyser
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Homemade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolemariep View Post
I'm so excited to try to make some of this stuff (graham crackers! butter!). I have a feeling though that this will finally put the final nail in the coffin (so to speak) of my extended family thinking I'm absolutely nuts. What: She cloth diapers, makes her own baby food, homeschools, and now she makes her own butter?! But if homemade butter makes me nuttier than so be it
Welcome to the club mama, the butter was the nail in the coffin for me too, HAHAHA!!
Just a tip, make sure the heavy cream is cold when you start, and keep it cold. My cheapo blender couldn't do it without the motor overheating, then heating the cream, preventing the milk from splitting. I searched all over the net trying to figure out what the heck was wrong, but there's some contradicting advice out there.
Also, with the graham crackers, fork away. The more pokes, the flatter the finished cracker will lay.
Let us know how it goes for you!
tkeyser is offline   Reply With Quote