Old 08-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #22
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When is/was your first appointment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computermama View Post
I'm going to get the paperwork for my blood draw tomorrow, and they'll set up a first prenatal appointment once it's confirmed. I honestly don't know what'll happen then, as with DD I didn't have a GP at all, and was referred straight to an OB as soon as I found out I was pregnant at 9 weeks, and saw the OB at 11 or 12 weeks. From what I understand, here it's more the norm to see your GP until you're into your third trimester, and then get referred to your OB, as my best friend who had her twins at 28 weeks never met her OB, she was supposed to see him for the first time a week later.

Mind you this time I'm thinking of going with a midwife instead, so I'm really not sure how that goes. Going to get the blood draw first though.
I've never heard of a blood draw for pregnancy before coming on this site and I just thought it was an American thing but you are Canadian...

I skipped my GP this time, what, he is going to tell me that I'm pregnant?! Yep, I know I am!! And I'm going on 2 HPT's that only gave me very faint lines, but I know I am, it's quite obvious. I have my first midwive app't on Sept 12, I'll be 10 weeks prego then. Not sure if I want the early u/s, it hasn't been proven that u/s have no effect on babies...only 30 years ago, they were doing x-rays on moms and decided that u/s were safer. Anyhow, I'm pretty chilled out about this pregnancy, probably because I have a wee one to care for 24/7!