View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 09:53 AM   #1
Keme
Registered Users

My Mood:
False Negative HPTs? possibly PG?

I am so unsure of where this question goes- so I apologize big time if this is the wrong place!! I am just super confused at the moment and looking for some advice/wisdom

Background:
So I have a 2 year old, but when I got pregnant with him (he was a surprise) I found out from a blood test at my annual exam.

Since my son was born, my period has been very very regular. My fiance and I use withdraw, but honestly we're not trying too hard to prevent at the this point, nor are we trying for a baby, we're leaving it up to fate.

My last *normal* period started June 19, then July 20th I had a half-day only (usually it lasts 4-5 days). This month, I was expecting AF between 18-22- now here we are the 27th and NO SIGN of my period at all. No cramping, no spotting, nothing.

I've suddenly experiencing morning nausea (which I had from the get-go with my son), as well as sensitivity to smells, tiredness, increased need to pee and some extra clear discharge (no UTI for sure), and most alarmingly for me- heartburn (which I ONLY got while pregnant last time, very strange for me). I also just FEEL pregnant. My abdomen feels tight.

I thought maybe I'd actually missed my period in July (since it was more like spotting), making me now about 10 wks pg. But I got 2 negative HPTs and the urine test at the Docs was negative as well. So then I thought maybe it's from my last cycle and it's just too soon to register (what, 4wks?)- but then it would be too early for these symptoms as well!

I have heard that the urine tests at the doctors are just about the same, if not less sensitive, as HPT, and that some women just don't have enough hCG in their urine to get a positive without a blood test.

Anyone know/have any similar experience/advice/etc??? I don't have any stress going on that would cause a delay in my period.

I should move on after the negative (because honestly, it's not a great time for us- of course a baby would be more then welcome, but it's "fine" with me either way), but still there's all these symptoms, my intuition, and no AF!

Last edited by Keme; 08-27-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Keme is offline   Reply With Quote