View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
CurtsBabyMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
rear facing saved my childs life!

I just HAD to share this. This morning, me, my husband, and my son were in a bad car wreck. We were t-boned with the car hitting us running an estimated speed of 65mph. Upon being hit, we spun around 3 times before coming to a stop. My son who is 13 months old and 21 pounds was rear facing in a Britax Roundabout 55 and we were hit on his door. Thankfully, his only injury is a cut on his face from where his window and the back glass busted out. The EMS workers and the ER dr as well as his pediatrician were amazed that he was fine, and said several times had he been forward facing that he would have been severely injured or worse. I strongly believe that God has his arms wrapped around my baby this morning, and looking at my car I am in disbelief that my baby is ok. (I'll put a pic at the end)

In case anyone is wondering about how me and DH are doing. I'm 22 weeks pregnant, and the side airbag deployed on my side (stomach) but the baby is ok, thankfully. I'm sore in my shoulders and back but thats expected. The fact that my babies are ok is my main concern. DH dislocated his shoulder and broke his collarbone, other than that he is fine.

I constantly get talked down and criticized for rear facing my son, but never let it get to me I felt like I was doing what was best for my child. Anyways, sorry this was so long and thanks for sticking around this long!

This is my car, a BMW 323i. The door thats crushed in is where my son was sitting.
How rearfacing saved my sons life

Last edited by CurtsBabyMama; 09-01-2011 at 06:57 PM.
CurtsBabyMama is offline   Reply With Quote