View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 08:21 AM   #6
jmoon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Can I be the second...

I am just want to say, I delt with lice with last year, and it is very important to treat them correctly, or you will never get rid of them! I found that the shampoo at the store does NOT kill the nits, so unless you can pick them all out, they will hatch, and you will be back at square one. I was treating my three year old dd with long hair, and I couldn't get her to sit still enough to get all the nits out, so I had to treat twice. The second time I went to the doctor and got a prescribed treatment. It is really strong, smells terrible, and you have to leave it on their heads for 12 hours, but it works! It is called Malathion. It is also super important to treat the furniture, their beds, pillows, stuffed animals, ect. You can put whatever bedding in the wash on hot, and dry on high heat. Anything that doesn't fit in the washer needs to be put in a plastic trash bag and sealed. It has to stay there for 2 weeks. We also bought the cans of rid, and sprayed the mattresses, couches, carpets, ect. I know it can feel totally overwhelming, but you will get through it! Can you ask your childs father to pay for the treatments? GL, and I hope everything works out for you!
jmoon is offline   Reply With Quote