View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #4
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breastfeeding while in NICU...Did it work for you?

I pumped every 3 hours night and day from birth until day 10 when he came home. He had some TPN the first 3 days per doctor's orders and then just BM. I nursed him only 2x in the NICU and he did very well. He was a bottle baby on pumped milk in the NICU and for 3 days once home until his weight and strength were such that the pedi cleared him for nursing full time. He never looked back. I actually enjoyed his bottle feedings since I was so worried about him eating enough being so tiny and sleepy those first few days. Daddy loved those few days of bottle feeding BM too. It was much easier to nurse and not pump so when he was 14 days old, he began exlcusively nursing and did awesome. We had no issues until he tried to wean at 11 months. So I EP'd for him for 6 months thereafter.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote